Wednesday, 3 March 2010

thumbs up!

Good idea mum! now I have finally got in (lol!)

Helen, I like the play on words, and I see no reason why crafty couldn't be interpreted either way! ;-)

Jennie, I thought scalf too, but I thought, thats abit boring, its just like a really long blanket square, so how about a 'caston-castoff' scalf? cast on say 10 stitches, knit across them and at the end of the row cast on another 20, knit back, casting off the 20 you just cast on, knit across the ten original stitches, cast on 20, then turn and cast them off, knit the original ten, cast on 20, castoff 20 etc etc, you will get a central band of garter stich with little strips in either side which will curl up like pigs tails, keep going till its scalf length and you'll have lots of curls along a central strip of garter, it should look quite effective! (you need to experiment to see how long you want your cast on cast off bits to be, i am guessing 20 stitches)

OK, so my question is are you a process crafter, or a product crafter? Is the process the bit you enjoy, or the item you make?

I am knitting - 75%process, 25%product
cooking - 25%process, 75%product
gardening- 100%product, only if its edible!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a process person, never satisfied with the product and always want it to be that perfect image I had in mind - which it never turns out to be

    ReplyDelete